This bucket almost looks like my shopping basket at the farmers market … except, if you look closely, these goodies are decidedly wilted, dried out, and moldering. Plus, I’m not in the habit of buying just eggshells. You?
Things you can see (clockwise starting from top):
- rose petals from my daily garden bouquets
- thyme stems
- garlic skins
- kale stems
- half a lemon
- stem & core of a red pepper
- blueberries that look fine here but were sitting in a closed lunchbox for two days – disgusting trust me!
What you can’t see:
- lots more rose petals & leaves
- 2 onion skins
- too dirty to get clean mushroom stems
- 2 banana peels
- battered outer leaves of romaine lettuce
- several more juiced lemons
What I made with all of this:
- Banana Smoothie (noticing a pattern here?)
- Lemonade (because it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood!)
- Romaine Salad with Peppers, Black Olives, Feta & Creamy Herb Dressing
- Kale, Mushrooms & Black Eyed Peas with Onion & Garlic (super yummy btw)
- Scrambled Cheesy Eggs
Notice how the colors scream S-P-R-I-N-G? Fresh greens, beautiful new roses, spring chicken eggs … ahhh, colorful compost bliss. What’s in your bucket today?