This is what compost looks like when everyone is running in ten different directions. Busy, busy, BUSY! No time to prep fresh food.
Things you can see (clockwise starting from top):
- rose leaves from several lovely bouquets
- orange peels
- potato skins – these are organic and you can really see a marked difference in the graininess of the skins versus conventionally grown. These taste so potato-y!
- onion skins, again
- a lone flabby raspberry
What you can’t see:
- banana peel
- lettuce core
- a few soft cherry tomatoes
What I made with this:
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie
- Potato Onion Thyme Pierogi from scratch
- Snacks of raspberries and oranges
- Simple Romaine Salad with purchased awesome crab cakes
Message for the day? S-L-O-W D-O-W-N Make time for real food!