Wow! We got nearly four inches of rain over the weekend, so I was in no mood to slosh through the puddles for compost duty. It was a busy weekend with kids studying for final exams, extended dance & choir rehearsals, searching for paint colors for upcoming house reno. Add all that busy to yucky (rain) and it was a weekend made for eating on the run. Monday continued the trend of mostly snacks instead of meals, so this bucket just tops off the previous day.
Things you can see (clockwise from top):
- irises (peeking from top of egg shell)
- banana peels
- mango skins
- rose petals (from spent flowers)
- avocado skins
What you can’t see:
- Everything from the Spring Bucket!
What I made with all of this:
- Soft boiled eggs with toast
- Banana Mango Smoothies
- Avocado, Romaine, Hummus and Sharp Cheddar on Whole Wheat Seeded Bread
Rain, rain, go away!