Not very much in the bucket for the past few days … graduation parties, sick child, and some quick grilling means not a lot of “real” cooking going on. More like grilling burgers and dogs, lots of fruit for snacks and not much else. Oh yes, cookies, we’ve gotta have cookies!
Things you can see (clockwise from top):
- Cucumber skins & ends
- Peony petals
- Banana peel
- Strawberry tops
What you can’t see:
- Lots more strawberry tops
- Romaine lettuce leaves & core
- Carrot scrapings
- Cantaloupe chunks past their prime
What did I make with all of that?
- A big salad with cucumbers, olives, cherry tomatoes, carrots & vinaigrette
- Chocolate chip cookies (eggs)
- Soft boiled eggs & toast
Looking forward to quiet summer …