Are you like me? I look at each bunch of attractively arranged leafy greens and herbs at the market and imagine all the yummy dishes I can make … I buy a bunch or two (or three), and feel so virtuous when I use them immediately. I try to plan my meals around using these delicate beauties first. Anyway, not this week. I managed to push these greens to the WAY back of the fridge where I kind of L O S T them… Here’s another yucky episode of Toss It Tuesday … At the last minute I added dinner scraps too.
What you can see (clockwise from top):
- Eggplant trimmings
- Leftover slaw from Labor Day (love this so much and forgot to stick it in the fridge – argh)
- An entire unused bunch of cilantro (my most favorite herb, right behind thyme, and basil … an herbal bronze medalist … just FORGOTTEN)
- Eggshells (These posts make me realize we eat A LOT of eggs!!! These were breakfast. Again.)
- Celery tops (once gorgeous, now slimy. Actually grew the celery in my own dirt and put the tops aside for “later”. Thank goodness there is still more in the garden.)
- Lemon & two lime slices (lemon was for hot lemon water to start the day & limes from a Starbucks refresher. It’s my daughter’s go-to treat)
My resolution this week (and every week): USE ALL THE FOOD I BUY.